RFI

[RFI] rf and insulin pumps

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] rf and insulin pumps
From: "S. Markowski Jr." <km9m-zig@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 03:50:21 +0000
My daughter's been a insulin diabetic for a year now. Preparations are underway currently to get her an insulin pump to control it, as other measures have come up short.

The Brand/model is Medtronic Paradigm 515/715 Insulin Pump. In some of the literature there is mention of a RF feature that ties the pump and metering together. No mention of frequency used, etc...
I have written the representative of Medtronic to find out frequency used, potential of unit receiving RFI , etc.

The question: Does anyone on the list have any knowledge of amateur gear interfering with such devices? And if not firsthand knowledge, any idea where else to check?

Thanks and 73,
Zig - KM9M