RFI

Re: [RFI] What antennas are good for HF DFing?

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] What antennas are good for HF DFing?
From: "Jim P" <jvpoll@dallas.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 10:57:47 -0600
Turns out one of these Sears Model 2278 4-band
AM/SW/FM "portables" that I described is currently
listed on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=15051&item=5751745814
&rd=1

Note: That battery compartment hold four "D" cells.

I also have the original manual (not of much use) and
the Sears service 'doc' (schematic, dial cord diagram
and parts location) that originally accompanied these
radios - for a reasonable copy fee I would share these
with anyone on the list.

The Model 2278 was made by Sanyo for Sears.

Full disclosure: I bought a second one of these Sears
receivers last year as a backup, so I've got all I need!

Jim P  /  WB5WPA  /