RFI

[RFI] COMMON MODE NOISE FOLLOW UP

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] COMMON MODE NOISE FOLLOW UP
From: Dxhogg@aol.com
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 08:52:57 EST
My results are as follows, ferrite beads are your friend...I have been
experimenting and found that if i attached ferrite beads to the mains power
leads
that are on the street side of the mains panel just after the meter i have
been able to pretty much eliminate all types of rfi that i was plagued with
before. The type of bead is 43 mix that i am using.i found a novel way of
attaching the beads to the mains cable i take a 8 inch piece  of  2 inch pvc
and
split it in half i take 2 end caps and bore a 3/4 inch hole in  each end then
split those in half now i take the 2 2inch pieces and  put  them around the
cable
and glue them together using pcv glue then do the same to  the bottom cover
pieces i take aprox 10 ferrite beads and smash them to bits  then pour that
into the tube fill to the top and then glue on the top  cover. rf inquiry sell
this product for 200.00  you can duplicate this for  about 30.00     73 ray nr1r