RFI

[RFI] 10m qrn

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] 10m qrn
From: "Rick Saeger" <k3oo@k3oo.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 15:40:06 -0500
I have recently been having qrn (frying egg noise) that is in one
direction.It is about s3.  It is restricted to the 10m band. On the band
scope on my icom pro3 it appears to be a pulse about every 1 or 2 khz.
There is a new self storage building about ½ mile in that direction with
a lot of outside fluorescent lights. The lights are out in daylight but
on in darkness. The qrn is 24/7 same with all weather conditions .Is
this possibly the problem or should I look for a power line problem in
that direction? This used to be a perfectly quiet location. Now there is
all sorts of construction going on around me.. Well at least we had 25
good qrn free years.
Thanks for the help.
73,Rick K3OO