RFI

Re: [RFI] 14028 to 14034 hashbirdietrash

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] 14028 to 14034 hashbirdietrash
From: Frank Brady <ftbrady@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 22:54:35 -0500
Thanks for all of your responses,

DSL was installed here before we were even unpacked, so I missed the chance
to observe what changes it brought.

We have one DSL modem feeding my son's computer and a wireless router sends
the connection to the laptop in my shack.

I disconnected the DSL modem from the wall and, because it made no
difference in the RFI, I figured the noise was coming from another source.

Does that conclusion make sense?

If this is a cumulative result of many sources, the fix is going to be one
hell of a lot of trouble.  I may not be up to convincing as many as15
tenants (in THIS building alone) to let me experiment with their DSL/CABLE
modem connections.

I really need a way to find the source(s) and measure the relative strength
of each in order to evaluate how big this job is.

What I REALLY could use is downtime for this area's CABLE and DSL signals!

I'm still hoping others may contribute more information while I study Jim
Brown's site on his presentation.

Thanks,
Frank W0ECS