RFI

Re: [RFI] BPL Propaganda, ARRL Rebuttal on NPR's Morning Edition

To: "RFI" <RFI@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] BPL Propaganda, ARRL Rebuttal on NPR's Morning Edition
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 15:52:29 -0400
Probably the very best strategy would be to do a cost
analysis of BPL compared to wireless. What about
reliability? BPL gear would be knocked down every time a
lightning bolt flashes. I know my ISDN lines drop when
storms are miles away.

Hams? Who cares? Certainly not anyone in a political office
today. Not the guy who sent us greetings for field day right
on down to Senators who failed water rescue.

Now when you start showing it is unreliable, not secure, or
a bad investment...that would mean something.

IMO showing or telling the public it bothers Hams is a waste
of time. It would have been a good strategy if this was
1940, but it's the wrong strategy today.

73, Tom W8JI