RFI

Re: [RFI] Switch Mode Power Supply

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Switch Mode Power Supply
From: Roger Parsons <ve3zi@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 18:46:03 +0000 (GMT)
Thought I would say that I have cured my rfi problem
with the switch mode power supply. I had to go to
Toronto on Saturday, and took the opportunity to buy a
small AC line filter. Connected it as close to the AC
input terminals as I could, switched everything on
.... zero rf hash. Amazing what 3 capacitors and 2
inductors can do if they are in the right place!

Upon reflection, I should have tried that in the first
place, as I have found in the past that PC power
supplies are calmed down by fitting suppressor type
IEC input connectors.

73 Roger
VE3ZI