RFI

Re: [RFI] Schwinn 820P

To: "TOM" <n4rs@iamotelephone.com>, <RFI@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Schwinn 820P
From: "Jim P" <jvpoll@dallas.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 23:17:21 -0600
My experience with a treadmill (a neighbor's):

After explaining to the neighbors that I could
hear it/it affected radio bands beginning with
the AM Broadcast band extending through HF
and 6 Meters and also into the lower VHF TV
channels - I think they got rid of it.

(Either that, or they have just never used it again.)

The interference from that treadmill was horrid. I
believe the solid-state drive of the motor under
the control of a microprocessor was the problem,
coupled with zero shielding/zero filtering back into
the AC mains.

I never got the maker/model number from them
either.

Jim  // WB5WPA //