RFI

Re: [RFI] Electric company problem

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Electric company problem
From: "David Robbins K1TTT" <k1ttt@arrl.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 20:24:58 -0000
If it is really strong enough, find someone who is getting tvi from it, or
who has interference to commercial broadcast radio... get the station
engineer on it to bring more pressure from the fcc.  And complain up the
ladder yourself to the utility, after all, anything that is making noise is
wasting energy that YOU are paying for!  There is no excuse to put it off,
most lines can be worked hot these days if they can't take an outage.
Replacing insulators or other leaky hardware can be done from insulated
bucket trucks or with hotsticks.  And if you haven't already, file a
complaint with the fcc and keep the arrl informed, utilities that are
intentionally ignoring interference complaints or delaying repairs must be
held accountable.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net