RFI

[RFI] Interference on 80M

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] Interference on 80M
From: K5uny@aol.com
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 17:17:45 EST
   Good Afternoon all,
  Just a question I wanted to put out to see if anyone is hearing this and
mite have a suggestion or two as to where I can start looking.
   On 80 meters from 3550 to 3600 I am hearing a rushing or waterfall noise
that is S9. On either side of the above frequencies its not there. I have
checked throughout a 24 hour period and it seems to be around all of the time,
at
least when I listened it was there.
   Only band affected is that small segment on 80, thats the weird part. I
also killed the main breaker coming into my residence and ran the radio off my
backup battery system. The noise isn't from me!!!!!
   Thanks  Alex K5UNY