RFI

Re: [RFI] Monitor RFI

To: "'Glenn Wiebe'" <ve4gn@mts.net>, <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Monitor RFI
From: "Ed -K0iL" <eedwards@tconl.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2006 12:57:58 -0600
Glenn,

There are both analog and digital flat screens as well as CRTs.  So they
caome in all flavors.

I have an HP vs17 analog LCD monitor. Have yet to find any noise anywhere
from it.

The ones I've heard that give toruble are ones with external wall-wart tyoe
of switching power supplies.  Mine has a built in supply so I just plugged
in the power cable to it.  Again, no noise from it that I can find.  It's
better than even my quietest NEC or AST CRT monitors were.

Best thing to do is hook it all up, but keep all pkg and boxes in case you
need to return.  Also verify the return policy before buying.

Good Luck!

73, de ed -K0iL