RFI

Re: [RFI] [Amps] new mobile amps from THP

To: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] [Amps] new mobile amps from THP
From: David Jordan <wa3gin@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 10:22:09 -0500
SOunds about right.

I ran mobile in an Isuzu Trooper (100 watts 40m).  Door locks would
activate on voice peaks (installed .01mfd caps across all the diodes on
the door lock controller board and problem was solved).  Went to 80m and
10 watts killed the engine.  Stayed off 80m.  Folks should check all
systems in a parked position before going on the road.

Now have a Ford Sport Trac...run 1KW on 40m and no problems.  The
ignition noise from the engine puts out a better signal then I do on 40m...

Mobiling is great fun and an even greater challeng these days.

Enjoy,
dave
wa3gin