RFI

Re: [RFI] Mobile amps and vehicle issues

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Mobile amps and vehicle issues
From: "John Wagner" <jwagner@dxengineering.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 08:38:27 -0500
> Subject: Re: [RFI] Mobile amps and vehicle issues
>

> My 2001 Silverado is a mess also. After shielding the plug
> wires and getting a 2 S unit improvement , the fuel pump
> noise is so bad that clip on ferrites don't do a thing in the
> wiring harness.  Some day I will drop the tank and do it right. N7RT

 You might want to bond the bed of the truck to the front and frame. Also
the exhaust system might need
To be bonded to the frame as well. Your noise may be from the fuel injectors
rather than the plugs.

Depending on the ferrite mix you used in the clip-ons, they may not be doing
much.

Alan, K0BG has a good discussion on mobiling on his web-site www.K0bg.com

73 John