RFI

Re: [RFI] GB> OT - Broadband Over Gas Lines

To: <kd4e@verizon.net>, <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] GB> OT - Broadband Over Gas Lines
From: "Stu Benner" <w3stu@myactv.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 17:52:14 -0400
An ultrawideband (UWB) transmission is somewhat similar in concept to
direct-sequence spread spectrum. The bandwidth of the signal is, however,
much broader. The power spectral density of the signal is very low is
unlikely to be an interference source. IMHO, the proposed system seems
impractical for a number of reasons including the transmission loss and the
narrow and variable bandwidth of the gas lines (waveguide), the latter being
a serious impact on a UWB system.

Stu Benner
W3STU
www.emcwizard.com