RFI

Re: [RFI] [Amateur-repairs] OT: Looking for a Primer on HID lighting

To: Amateur-repairs@yahoogroups.com, RFI List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] [Amateur-repairs] OT: Looking for a Primer on HID lighting
From: kd4e <kd4e@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 13:26:45 -0500
> I am looking for a primer on HID lighting, with a focus on real
> schematic diagrams and diagnosis/repair  of HID lighting. I am coming
> across more and more of the HID systems , especially the automotive
> types, and it also looks like it is an opportunity to make some money
> repairing those lighting systems. I also would like to attempt an
> handheld version, becoming popular in scuba diving.
> Any help would be appreciated and sorry to post something off topic.
> Adam Kb2Jpd

http://clusty.com is a great search engine.  I just
tried a search on HID lighting and found lots of
results.

I am concerned that this is a "high-frequency, dimming electronic
ballasts and controls for metal halide lamp wattages from 150 watts
to 450 watts."

What are the odds that this could become a major new
source of RFI?

--

Thanks! & 73,
doc, KD4E