RFI

Re: [RFI] [TowerTalk] [Fwd: Re: Haolgens AND . . .]

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] [TowerTalk] [Fwd: Re: Haolgens AND . . .]
From: "Kelly Johnson" <n6kj.kelly@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 13:37:17 -0800
Agreed, however...  Isn't Hampton Bay actually owned by Home Depot?  I
bought a Hampton Bay landscape light transformer from Home Depot 3 or
4 years ago which put out a hideous amount of noise.  It knocked out
the AM BC band in my car from 50 yards or more.  It's bad enough that
Home Depot sold them, but they actually own the company that makes
them.  I had to go to a different hardware store to buy a good 'ol
fashioned Malibu transformer.  No problems since.  Home Depot wouldn't
take it back either since I had no receipt which made me refuse to go
to Home Depot for a long time.  A year later I went to Home Depot to
find that Home Depot was no longer carrying Hampton Bay "switchers"
and was back to selling Malibu transformers once again.  That was a
happy day.  I wonder why the switch?  Malibu IS more expensive, but
for me far preferable!