RFI

Re: [RFI] Low voltage lighting solid state "transformers" (long)

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Low voltage lighting solid state "transformers" (long)
From: "Cortland Richmond" <ka5s@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 18:23:37 -0500
I spent some (don't look now, boss) using the high-speed system at work
looking on the FCC Web site for form 740's (required to import RF-producing
items) indicating verification was performed. I didn't find anything
referring to Pilot International at all, so it is *possible* these are
illegally imported items.  That is probably easier to show than whether
they were properly Verified according to Part 15; it's up to importers to
file a Form 740 and indicate on that form whether Verification etc. has
been done. If they don't, the product could be recalled.

You may have read about an audio electronics company who recently paid
millions of dollars to settle a importation tens of thousands of
non-verified digital equipment. This could be even larger, since there are
ZILLIONS of unmarked switchers floating around.

Now, I'm no lawyer, but isn't a contractor liable for non-compliant itemS
he installs?

Maybe it's time to write Riley.

Cortland
KA5S