RFI

[RFI] HIGH POWER and RFI...

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] HIGH POWER and RFI...
From: "Claudio Astorri" <ik2dzn@astorri.it>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 14:41:13 +0100
Dear All,

after a few years of LOW POWER contesting with continuous #1 results in
Italy in all major contests (CQ WPX, CQ WWDX and IARU HF) I switched to HIGH
POWER.

So, my ICOM 7800 has now an ICOM PW-1 sitting below to him, on the ground
(remote control above the transceiver).

Had a lot of fun with it operating approximately 14 hours during last
weekend's ARRL DX SSB Contest.

My OPTIBEAM OB6-3M at 10 meters and my BUSHCOMM BBA-500 seemed really
empowered 80 to 10 meters. ;-)

Living in a residential area, before switching to HIGH POWER I had well
cared that no TV interference was under even little evidence.

Everything is in fact perfect as it concerns TV interference. No little line
or whatsoever.

This early Monday morning, when I still was enjoying in my mind my 1000+
QSOs in the ARRL DX SSB Contest, my gentle neighbour rang to my door.

He wanted kindly to inform me that on his computer's speakers and on the
phone he could listen to me (not so loudly.) all weekend long. :-(((

What a pity and. what a problem.

I must solve this quickly out.

Can someone help me with suggestions and methods to significantly approach
this problem?

Thank you very much for your interest.

Claudio Astorri, IK2DZN