RFI

Re: [RFI] ITV in 6 meters..HELP

To: "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] ITV in 6 meters..HELP
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2007 18:19:39 -0700
On Sun, 1 Jul 2007 19:06:16 -0400, Eduardo Somoano wrote:

>Regrettably I am making ITV in the channel 2 TV
>when transmit in 6 meters.

That is a very common, and very difficult one to fix, because 6
meters (50 - 54 MHz) is right next to Channel 2 TV (54-60 MHz).
For a different reason, 6 meters is also difficult for lots of
telephones and audio equipment (hi-fi).

In most parts of the US, people get their TV via cable TV
systems rather than with an antenna on the roof. That has made
TVI pretty uncommon here. In your situation, the best cure is
distance -- that is, keep your transmitting antenna as far as
possible from the TV and its antenna.

If its your own TV and it has a roof top antenna, you can buy a
filter to reject 6 meters. It wont be cheap, and it may not fix
the problem. For my old QTH in Chicago, I bought one from Tin
Lee Electronics near Toronto for about $80. That was 3-4 years
ago, and they may be more expensive now. It goes between the TV
its antenna. Dont expect it to work unless theres a good roof-
top antenna, and even then your transmitter may be getting
picked up by the internal wiring of the TV itself. If it is, the
filter wont fix it.

73,

Jim Brown K9YC