RFI

[RFI] Noise

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Noise
From: "Yuri Onipko" <ve3dz@rac.ca>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 09:02:43 -0400
For quite some time I hear noise that bothers me big time.
You may listen to it at http://www.rigexpert.net/noise1.wav
The recordings was done on 18 MHz using FT1000D in USB mode with 2.0 kHz
filter ON. Almost S 9 on the meter...
I hear it on all bands, with peaks on 7, 10, 14 and 18 MHz, but this is
probably because of better antennas for these bands. Usually it stays all
night and disappears some time in the morning, AFTER I go to work. But
sometimes it stays ALL DAY and disappears in the evening. I'd say I don't
have precise pattern for it.
The noise is definitely coming from the direction of my neighbour's house as
far as I can determine by turning my TH6 beam, however, there is a street
with street lights in that direction too. The noise stays ON even when the
street lights are OFF, but sometimes (very seldom) there is no noise when
the lights are ON...
Any idea what could it be? Would appreciate any lead or INFO.

73 Yuri  VE3DZ