RFI

Re: [RFI] RFI into house from FT-2K

To: "rbaker" <rbaker@cloudnet.com>, <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI into house from FT-2K
From: "Howard Lester" <hlester@mmto.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 14:42:02 -0700
> Hello  all-- I am a new subscriber to this reflector and have a problem
> --ie.I recently replaced my FT-1000 MP with a new FT-2000. I changed
> nothing--cables,ground system etc.but the new radio gets into the TV,

MY first question would be: have you tried replacing the FT-2000 with the
old 1000 MP to see if there is still no RFI with the 1000 MP? That'd be
testing what you are thinking is the most important variable, keeping
everything else the same. Even make sure all the peripherals are the same
ones used with both radios (i.e., mike, key, etc.), or keep all peripherals
disconnected from both radios being tested except for the mike or the key.
Keep it simple.

Howard N7SO