RFI

[RFI] Smoke CO update

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Smoke CO update
From: "Rick D" <n6pe@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 19:18:56 -0700
I bought a new Kiddie Smoke/CO detector and a plain Smoke detector. Put 0.02
ufds across the battery connections on the boards. Same locations as old
detectors. No false triggering with maximum out of Alpha 78 160 - 10 meters.

On 40 meters, one of the lawn sprinkler zone valves tries to follow cw keying.
Using a Toro 8 zone controller. Others bands were triggering different zones
but ferrite beads cured the problem. I think I need to treat the entire unit.

The good news is nothing is getting into the computer speakers.

Rick Darwicki  -= N6PE =-
17775 Elmhurst Circle
Yorba Linda, CA 92886

http://www.stores.ebay.com/n6peradiotubes