RFI

[RFI] Elevator noise

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Elevator noise
From: "VE3NE" <ve3ne@rogers.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 08:17:45 -0500
Hi,

In this summer three old elevators were replaced with brand new ones in my
building.
My shack is adjacent to the elevator room on top of the building.
When the elevators are running the noise is quite bad on 160 and 80 meters.
One of elevator produces is around S7, the other two are not that strong but
still bad and quite enough
to wipe out even loud stations.
First I thought the noise came through the power lines but it looks like the
elevator
control system radiates and the antennas pick up the noise (may be not). I am
wondering if toroid
beads or rings placed on the control cables would help. I would need snap on
rings but
I am not sure what type I should look for if there is any available.
Thanks for any help.

73

Lali  VE3NE