RFI

Re: [RFI] Rain induced static

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Rain induced static
From: "Don Moman VE6JY" <ve6jy.1@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 22:07:02 +0000
Yes that is how it normally works on lower voltage lines... the rain does 2
things right away - swells the wood so the hardware gets tight;  and gets in
between any nuts/washers and "bonds" them. Most low voltage issues are from
loose hardware and the resulting arc between them.   Everything needs to be
tight or  bonded together so no potential difference exists.   The rain also
may wash dirt and pollution off the insulators in the longer term.

73 Don
VE6JY