RFI

Re: [RFI] Franklin Electric Sub Drive 150 RFI?

To: "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>,"Rich Hallman - N7TR" <rich@n7tr.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Franklin Electric Sub Drive 150 RFI?
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2007 22:47:11 -0800
Rich,

My guess is that the controller is a variable speed drive for the motor. That
type of controller is well known as a nasty noise source. I've talked a bit
about them in my RFI tutorial. It is worthy of your study. Much of the problem
can be made significantly better or worse by installation.

http://audiosystemsgroup.com/RFI-Ham.pdf

73,

Jim Brown K9YC