RFI

[RFI] TV RFI better info

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] TV RFI better info
From: rrath@charter.net
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 19:37:53 -0800
Several of you have asked me to give more info. Here it is.

I have the Yaesu FT 100, coax (not flat line) and the apex of the inverted V
is about 40' and both ends are at about 9'. All radio equipment is gounded to
a 12" long pc of copper pipe under my desk top. I am using 12 gauge
stranded wire to the copper pipe. I am using 8 gauge solid copper to one 8'
ground rod about 7' away, then the same pc of 8 gauge wire continues on
about 5' more to a 4' ground.

I have some TVI with out the amp on. The type of TVI is nothing to the
picture and blaring distortion on the sound. This is with or with out the VCR
turned on. The radio output is at 70 watts out.

Now with the amp turned on and running between 300 to 400 watts SSB, the
sound is just as bad and the picture had very bad horizontal lines.

I have cable TV, no Digital, the TV is about 5 years old, has two built in
speakers (but I think it is only mono sound - have no control for left or right
on the speakers) and the VCR is less than 1 year old. I am using 75 ohm
coax for all connections. I use no cable box.

Need more info?

Rod
ps - K9YC, I am reading your web site. Thank you.