RFI

Re: [RFI] 6M Getting into TV Channel 3

To: "rfi reflector" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] 6M Getting into TV Channel 3
From: "Kostas SV1DPI" <sv1dpi@otenet.gr>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 08:10:35 +0300
I have seen many times the problem with the tv. All of my neighbors use
amplifiers, splitters, etc. I have corrected some of them. Some of these
devices are not well constructed or at least are not rf free. Some tv
amplifiers have a metallic case. These are rf free. Try use these with the
metallic case. Many times also there is a mismatch between your tv ant and
your tv amp. This results not good tv signals also. Try to find the
resistance of your antenna. Some tv ant have 300 Ohms resistance. If this is
your case you must use a transformer from 300 to 75 ohms or change the ant.
If the rf is getting into the amp or the splitter you can try to put a piece
of foil around the amp.

Good luck
73 Kostas sv1dpi