RFI

Re: [RFI] FCC Class A& B Regs/ was: Low Voltage Patio Lights

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] FCC Class A& B Regs/ was: Low Voltage Patio Lights
From: "Andy" <ingraham.ma.ultranet@rcn.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 14:56:07 -0400
> Now, it seems pretty clear that the FCC just isn't doing it's enforcement
> role set forth here;

The FCC doesn't have the means to do enforcement.  If there are any "RFI
police" out there, their numbers must be very small.  They depend on
complaints to know when something's wrong.

I believe that some electronic devices come with a warning label with a
clause to the effect that, if the device causes interference, the owner must
turn it off and stop using it.  I don't know if that is true in general of
Part 15 devices; but I believe that is supposed to be how everything works
(per the Communications Acts), regardless of which service it falls under
and whether or not the vendor warns the buyer.  Of course the problem is no
teeth to enforce that, unless you, the victim, go after them.

Andy