RFI

[RFI] broadband rfi

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] broadband rfi
From: "Rick Saeger" <k3oo@k3oo.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 13:44:50 -0400
I have been having an intermittent noise for the past 2 years. Recently
it has been getting worse.

The noise can be heard from 160m-2m. It seems loudest around
18-28mhz(s9+5) On 2m it is s7. It is much weaker on 80 and 160m(s3-4).
It peaks at 60 degrees from my qth.  I have an 18 element long boom 2m
beam so I can get a pretty accurate direction from my qth.

There is very little for the first 2000' in that direction(an interstate
highway).

The noise is only present when the winds are 10mph+. It gets worse as
wind speed picks up.

My guess is possible loose power line hardware. Or trees hitting power
lines when the wind picks up.

Any confirmation that is what I should be looking for?

Thanks for the help.

73,
Rick K3OO