RFI

Re: [RFI] rfi-DM-700

To: "'Ronald Anderson'" <w9rma@charter.net>, <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] rfi-DM-700
From: "David Jordan" <wa3gin@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 09:10:25 -0500
...no GPS in either unit we're testing.

The siren sound was emitted from one of the trucks when the engine was off
and the radio was just on battery.

We have not performed the low voltage test yet.

We have installed a great little alternator filter but it has no effect on
the siren sound during transmit.  It did totally eliminate the alternator
whine.

If the voltage test does not prove conclusive we'll have to submit that the
issue is inherent to the radio's design and board layout. Fixing that type
problem is above my pay grade ;-(