RFI

Re: [RFI] Zoom X6 DSL Modem loses internet connection

To: "'RFI List'" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Zoom X6 DSL Modem loses internet connection
From: "W0MU Mike Fatchett" <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 18:29:54 -0700
Just an update on the 40m dsl issue here.  I tried the OK filter and it
might have improved things a bit, however it reduced my bandwidth from 7mb
to 6mb.  So this might not be a solution for broaderband service.

I am now going to work on common mode current issues.

I do believe the Excelsious filter does help on the high bands.  I had taken
it out and my son came over to the shack to complain about internet loss so
I put it back in and no more complaints when I was on 15 and 20.

All very unscientific findings.  I need to back down to a minimal setup with
a laptop, dsl and nothing else hooked up and start from there.  I got in a
bunch of type 31 ferrite snap ons so hopefully I will get my arms around
this soon.

W0MU

never get over." Ben Franklin