RFI

[RFI] FYI: DirecTV 40 M RFI

To: Group RFI <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] FYI: DirecTV 40 M RFI
From: rick darwicki <n6pe@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 19:39:47 -0700 (PDT)
I cured my remaining minor 40m interference to my DirecTV system (only band I
have a problem on) by attaching a 1/4 wave 40m radial on the back of the dish.

My RF sniffer didn't show any high RF from the 40/80/160 radials running near
the dish, but there was a peak in the RF along the sheet metal flashing within
about 3 feet of the dish.

Anyone (as old as me) remember when all you had to do to cure TVI was run a 6"
wide ground buss on the desk behind your rig with a LP filter bolted to it, run
a 4' wire to a ground rod out side the shack and put a HP filter on the TV ? hi
hi

Hey...... whatever works!!

Rick, N6PE