RFI

Re: [RFI] Latest RFI-proof SUVs

To: "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Latest RFI-proof SUVs
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 17:03:06 -0700
On Thu, 11 Jun 2009 12:11:15 -0400, Doug Rehman wrote:

>One cautionary note: the Tundra was completely redesigned for 2007; I've
>never paid any attention to the Sequoia, but I would suspect that it was
>redesigned for 2007 as well since they share so many components. Problems
>that may have existed in a 2006 or earlier model may not exist in the 2007
>or later models.

So perhaps the problems I had are now a thing of the past!  That would be
good news. Thanks for all the detail.

I did not attempt to use the vehicle chassis to carry DC, in large part
because I had great difficulty finding any chassis parts that had DC
continuity!  I got power directly from the battery with big wire. AFTER I had
problems I added some ferrites, but never had time to figure out if I had
fixed anything. Someday. In the meantime, I'm hard at work on the antenna
farm, and just poured the base for a tower that will hold a SteppIR.

73,

Jim K9YC