RFI

Re: [RFI] Help with a noisy touch lamp

To: CARSHamRadio@googlegroups.com, RFI List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Help with a noisy touch lamp
From: kd4e <doc@kd4e.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 10:20:46 -0500
Ron,

        I took the liberty of copying your post to the RFI list.
Very knowlegeable
and helpful Hams there.

        My recollection is that touch-lamps have always been a
nightmare for RFI.
I don't know that there is a cure.

        You might try several turns of the AC cord around a toroid
and maybe some
bypass caps on the circuit board.

        The problem is that the circuit uses the metal base of the
lamp as a form of
capacitive "antenna", making it difficult to tame the beast
without disabling the
"touch" feature of the lamp.

        BTW:  Have you tried a http://ixquick.com or
http://clusty.com search?
You might include QST in your search as someone may have
sent them a cure
to publish.

HTH ... doc

--