RFI

Re: [RFI] Question About RFI Chokes

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Question About RFI Chokes
From: Tim Groat <tcgroat@mesanetworks.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 23:50:24 +0000
Don't bend coax too tightly, especially foam-insulated coax like RG-6.
If you do, the center conductor can pull through the foam and short out
to the shield (perhaps not immediately, it may work for a while then
fail when the weather changes). It's the same idea as avoiding kinks and
sharp bends in any other coax cable run. The key is maintaining a
consistent, gentle bend radius. Don't try to pull it tight against the core.

73,

--Tim (KR0U)