RFI

Re: [RFI] Plasma TVs vs LCD TVs

To: "Mark A. Downing" <wm7d@wm7d.net>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Plasma TVs vs LCD TVs
From: Kelly Johnson <n6kj.kelly@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 09:24:35 -0700
I just bought a Samsung LCD.  I also have a ViewSonic LCD TV.  Both
are whisper quiet and immune to RFI/TVI from my KW station on all
bands from 80m up.  I don't operate 160m, so can't comment on that
one.

I love the TV, but...I have to admit that I think there are more
"artifact" issues with LCD than with Plasma.  Color and contrast are
great, but "motion artifacts" are definitely there.  I would have gone
with Plasma myself had it not been for the many reports like the one
you just sent.  I rarely hear of noise problems with LCD, but I hear
them frequently with Plasma.  I didn't want to buy a plasma only to
return it shortly thereafter.