RFI

Re: [RFI] Motherboard RFI

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Motherboard RFI
From: Peter Laws <plaws0@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 20:25:35 -0600
On Sat, Jan 2, 2010 at 12:26, Tree <tree@kkn.net> wrote:

> Is it possible that by pressing on the caps - a better connection is being
> made
> to the chassis?

Even when I press on the board itself, a non-conductive area, the
interfering signal changes character.

> Also - it wasn't explained how close the antenna is to the computer.  If it is
> within 50 feet or so - this kind of interference might not be easy to totally
> eliminate.

All wires, not really sure which is closest, but none closer than,
say, 30' (in the up direction).  The character of the interference
does change when I change positions on the ant switch.

MoBo is a Soyo that I bought in a package with a Duron about 5 years
ago after an Unfortunate Incident involving the previous Athlon and
its heatsink.  It's no super-duper MoBo, just what was cheap at Fry's
that day.  :-)  I have to say, though, that even at 1300 MHz with only
a gig of RAM, the Duron does pretty well.