RFI

[RFI] WAY OT

To: "RFI" <RFI@Contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] WAY OT
From: Joe <wa6rkn@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 18:57:50 -0800
But...maybe not.....

I take delivery of my new Corvette next month.

This has the potential of creating a nightmare for me, amateur radio wise.

Fiberglass body and all...I am not excited about drilling a hole in the body
anywhere for an antenna.

So..my question is:  How do I go about installing an antenna on the car for
my 2 meter/440 Kenwood radio?  (TM-D710A)

I forsee a noise (RFI) issue, as well as a ground plane issue.  I am fairly
confident that I can handle the noise, but the ground plane...

Hmmmmmmm.

Any thoughts?  Or anyone who is experienced in these type of fiberglass body
installs that someone here could recommend to me?

Many thanks in advance!

Joe Wolfe
WA6RKN
Reno, Nevada