RFI

[RFI] RFI from Ultrasonic Pest Control...

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] RFI from Ultrasonic Pest Control...
From: Dirk Hacker <dirk.hacker@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 13:30:37 -0800 (PST)
Does anyone have experience in suppressing RFI
from  "Bug Killers" or "rodent Control" units that use AC Power ??

My neighbor has a "bug killer" that plugs into the AC and connects
to ground system of his house.
The bug killer works by sending out RF to "stun" & "dis-orient" the little
critters !
...because of the bug killer...critters stay away from his house....

Note- this is an electrical system and NOT the UV light "zappers" that are sold
by home depot, etc.

The Bug-Killer causes a loud & "throbbing" RFI on my rcvr.
very broadband and across 1.8MHZ - 14.000MHz + frequencies.

Any remedy for this ?
I appreciate any possible advice