RFI

[RFI] MFJ-852 issues

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] MFJ-852 issues
From: "Jim Spears" <n1nk@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 14:52:22 -0400
I have a power line noise issue that is very obvious at HF and 6m.  some
time ago, I purchased a MFJ-852, the version with a 3 el yagi.  I don't
think it was ever turned on until just a little while ago.

The LED comes on but there is no meter indication or audio present.   This
is a 135 MHz AM receiver without squelch so I think I should hear something.

Suggestions?  Unless there is some thing I can investigate, I guess it goes
to MFJ in a few days for service.

Bummer, really nice day here in RI.  Good day for chasing power line
problems.

Jim/N1NK