RFI

Re: [RFI] RFI Digest, Vol 90, Issue 3

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI Digest, Vol 90, Issue 3
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2010 02:52:35 -0400

On 6/4/2010 12:37 AM, W. Harris wrote:

I may have missed something but the way this is worded, you can not, no
way, no how get RFI into the condenser of an airconditioner. It is
nothing more than a mechanical pump and a chamber  where the compressed
refrigerant radiates heat so the liquid can condense.
I doubt if you will find condenser specific controls either although the
overall air conditioner indirectly controls the condenser by turning the
motor on and off.
The gas is compressed, it radiates heat and condenses, It goes into an
evaporator where it takes heat (and water) out of the air being
conditioned. From there the gas goes back to the compressor to go
through the cycle again.

New compressors may vary the speed which could create a problem, but
they are most efficient with the maximum pressure differential so I see
little to gain by varying the speed and outside that the controls are
quite simple, but any one can make simple controls cheap enough to
become problematic.

I am running a whole house air conditioner within 30 feet of the end of
my 160 meter antenna. The air conditioner for my shot is about 8' above
the bottom of the tower supporting the AV640 running the legal limit on
all bands. It is also within 30-40 feet of a sloping dipole on 40
running the legal limit.  IOW, both air conditioners are well within the
near fields as several antennas carrying close to 1500 watts with no
apparent interaction.

73

Roger (K8RI)