RFI

Re: [RFI] Sudden Computer Racket

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Sudden Computer Racket
From: K4RO Kirk Pickering <k4ro.tcg@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 11:04:20 -0500
I have an M-Audio Delta 1010 sound card that I use for multi-track
recording. It consists of a PCI card with a DB-25 connector and a rack
mount breakout box which houses the 20 I/O connectors. There is no
ON/OFF switch for the unit. I learned that I have to physically
disconnect the DB-25 cable from the PCI card in order to shut down the
Delta 1010. If it's active, it's a MAJOR RFI producer, creating noise
much like what you described. The problem is compounded by the cables
and equipment plugged into the Delta 1010, which act as antennas.

73 Kirk K4RO