RFI

Re: [RFI] Wal-Mart to Put Radio Tags on Clothes - WSJ.com

To: "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Wal-Mart to Put Radio Tags on Clothes - WSJ.com
From: M Roden <w5jr.mike@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 14:35:59 -0400
The embedded chips in credit cards and ExxonMobil's "Speedpass" use a
technology called Near Field Communications (NFC) at 13.56 MHz, yes,
right below 20m. This is an international allocation. This is also
where many of the embedded chips in cell phones operate (Nokia is a
big player in NFC).

Cingular (now AT&T) used this technology in trials in New York City
and Atlanta.

Mike