RFI

Re: [RFI] RFI and Smart meters

To: "Charles Coldwell" <coldwell@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI and Smart meters
From: "KD7JYK DM09" <kd7jyk@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 19:08:37 -0800
I am not familiar with the protocols.  I hear the KHz transmissions occur
about once per hour, I talked with a meter reader about the 900 MHz
equipment, he has a small data terminal he carries in the vehicle.  Normally
it interrgotates meter as he drives on the typical monthly round, I ran into
him in an office building coming out of the sub-panel room, he said he
couldn't read the meters from his truck.

Now that I think about it, the low-frequency system is called "TWACS", a
quick search on the web shows a frequency range of 30-500 KHz.

Kurt