RFI

Re: [RFI] HF DF Antenna recommendations

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] HF DF Antenna recommendations
From: "Cortland Richmond" <ka5s@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 22:37:55 -0500
Frank, the Palomar loop antenna may be what you need, with a 160-75 meter
loopstick.  Don't know if they made a higher frequency one, but I've used a
stiff solid electrical wire one-turn loop ~ 1 ft diameter (on a 1/4 inch
phone plug)  that worked up to about 15 meters or so in that tuner. I
shielded it with copper tape from the plug barrel up to the center from
both sides, leaving a gap.

While hunting down 3520 KHz AT&T cable TV "modem extenders" some years back
I used am AOR AR-8000 handheld receiver with a HB shielded loop about 3
inches in diameter; those were so strong there was plenty of signal with
the BFO on to zero in on a dwelling and room.

Cortland
KA5S