RFI

Re: [RFI] The "new" light bulbs; it is accurate.

To: "Alan NV8A" <nv8a@charter.net>, "RFI Mail Reflector" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] The "new" light bulbs; it is accurate.
From: "Diane & Edward Swynar" <deswynar@xplornet.ca>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 15:02:08 -0500
On 8th March, Alan wrote:

"...Re: disposal of CFLs. The same precautions are required as for the
fluorescent tubes we've been using for decades..."

Here's an interesting conumdrum that the powers-that-be here in Canada have
gotten themselves into: we're about 1-2 years away here in the province of
Ontario from outright BANNING the sale of "standard" incandesecent light
bulbs, in our wise(?) move to "...go green"...

...And yet the federal government in Ottawa is banning/severely restricting
the use of mercury in consumer goods (like thermometers, thermostats,etc.).

Interestingly enough, there will be no restrictions on the use of mercury in
dental fillings, and the wide-open useage of CFLs
(containing---surprise!---mercury) is to be encouraged, BY LAW...

Does the right hand even know, or CARE, what the left hand is doing
anymore...?!

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ