RFI

Re: [RFI] MFJ-805 RFI detector - Any good?

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] MFJ-805 RFI detector - Any good?
From: Howard Lester <howard220@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 16:51:46 -0500
In 1993, Nathan Loucks wrote a QST article called "7 db for 7 bucks." It's a
2 meter 3-el yagi made with pvc tubing for the boom, and welding rods for
the elements (duh). The elements were spaced, at least, such that a decent
50 ohm match could be obtained without any fancy matching device. I built
one once and it worked great. The problem with the article, though, is,
IIRC, the reflector and director needed to be reversed from that shown in
the accompanying photo. Just follow the diagram instead. It's in April
1993, p. 54-55, or on the website.

Don't poke your eyes out.

Howard N7SO