RFI

[RFI] Dimmable CFLs

To: rFI@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] Dimmable CFLs
From: "Bruce/Edith Goldstein" <wa3afs@nycap.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 15:23:44 -0500
I have a celiing fan/light in my shack which is operates with a remote control.
I ended up using the
dimmable CFLs after the regular CFLs rather rapidly (several months to a year
was their life
expectancy). After installing the 4 dimmable CFLs, I have had no failures (at
least 2 years now).
As far as RFI -- zip. I operate 160m - 2M and like to chase DX and some
contesting. Thus I am on the
air a lot and listening a lot.
The majority of the lights in my house are CFLs and any RFI that I have has
come from outside the
house. The majority of time I have no RFI from outside so have not explored the
neighborhood to see
where it comes from.
73
-- Bruce, WA3AFS