RFI

Re: [RFI] Kitchen remodeling appliances

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Kitchen remodeling appliances
From: Richard Battles <wb4byq@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 22:29:19 -0500
I just built a new house, with Whilpool appliances.  i went with gas stove,
no rfi.  refrigerator at this time no rfi that i have found. i do not have a
microwave yet, but i did not go with over-the-hood because of that being a
fix unit, wife decided go with counter top.  dishwasher is whilpool and does
make some rfi, but here the code requires that a wall switch to be
intstalled close to the washer to turn it on and off for repair.  i will
turn the unit off untill we go to bed.  the under the counter lights are 120
voltage flourscent with no rfi, and they look really nice, wired to one
switch on the wall, and each light has it's own on/off switch.  as for the
amateur with the rfi from the dimmer, i have used the lutron type with no
problems on the amateur bands.  i would make sure that it is not a pulse
width moduation type.  the amateur that has the rfi from the neighbor needs
to talk to his neighbor and if no progress is made, then file a complaint
with the arrl who is handling these rfi issues ahead of the fcc.  i made
agreements with the appliance dealer here about the rfi on the purchase
ahead of the payment.

richard
wb4byq