RFI

Re: [RFI] Wireless Keyboard/Mouse Combos?

To: "Howard Lester" <howard220@gmail.com>, <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Wireless Keyboard/Mouse Combos?
From: "pfizenmayer" <pfizenmayer2@q.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 11:09:44 -0700
FWIW-

I have a wireless Logitech MK700 keyboard and a M705 mouse which were sold
as a pair called MK710 - uses one USB slot for both . No trace of being
bothered by KW on 160 thru 10 in an environment that a Dell USB wired
keyboard was unusable nor was a X-Keys programmable keypad. (An old IBM
keyboard is fine )

Anyhow the Logitech is just reaching a 8 months old - both use two AA
cells - both have a on - off switch which they say is not really needed
since it powers down to microamps when no mouse movement or keyboard inputs
are used for some time .No signs so far of needing new batteries. The
battery icon on the keyboard is still showing 100 percent .THey claim "up to
3 years of battery life"

I suspect the later models have added this battery saving mode .

Saw the MK710 box at Costco a month ago for about $50 as I recall.

Hank K7HP